OUR POLICIES & PROCEDURES
At Wolfe Wellness, we understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone's life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists' time, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE
If you arrive for your appointment PRIOR to the scheduled starting time, the door to our office may be locked for safety reasons. Please wait in your vehicle until you receive a text stating your therapist is ready OR it is your scheduled time to be in the office, whichever comes first.
The door will be unlocked when we are ready for you to enter and may not be unlocked until your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive early, please reread the paragraph above.
Rare but possible, as with any other medical office, we experience delays in our schedule. If we are more than ten minutes behind schedule (which is extremely rare), we will call you to either push back your starting time or reschedule. Your appointment time will not be shortened due to our delay; you will receive your full session.
Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives the clinic enough time to fill the slot. If you fail to cancel within 24 hours you will be charged for the scheduled appointment. You are welcome to find someone to come in your place if you are unable to keep your appointment. You will need to contact our office within 24 hours of the change and provide your replacement's contact information in order to update the booking system and have the proper intake forms completed by the new client prior to the scheduled appointment.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
We regret that late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY
Clients who fail to show for appointments may be asked to pre-pay for future services. It is important that our massage therapists are compensated for reserved time slots. The clinic will not refund a prepaid service that results in a no show; a fee will be charged in the amount of the original reservation fee.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
• Wolfe Wellness therapists are licensed professionals and held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association.
• Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
• Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
• Wolfe Wellness Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
• The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
• The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
• Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
• Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
• The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
• Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate.
• We do not massage anyone under the age of 18, without a guardian’s written consent.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
• The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
• We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a religious, political, private or sexual nature.
• Your massage therapy records are kept in the strictest confidence by Wolfe Wellness. All client records are kept in a secure place, and only those who need to see a client’s file for legitimate business or professional purposes have access to them. Your records will not be released to third parties, including health care providers and insurance companies, without your written consent. Records may be surrendered if required by law.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
• It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
• The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
• For clients undergoing chemo and radiation therapies, please note that we require a doctor's note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired treatment.